How can I protect myself against damage to or the destruction of my property
- Contents insurance (against the risk of fire, natural hazards, burglary and robbery, water damage, vandalism, terrorism and earthquake)
- Buildings insurance (against the risk of fire, natural hazards, burglary, water damage, vandalism, terrorism and earthquake)
- Specific insurance for technical appliances (for example losses caused by events within/outside technical installations)
- Specific insurance for electronic data processing centres (losses triggered by forces internal/external to IT applicances, costs for restoring data etc.)
- Insurance for works of art and items of value (against the risk of loss or damage)
- Transport insurance (against loss of and damage to goods in transit)
- Credit insurance
How can I protect myself against, for example, a fire destroying my stock and disrupting my business?
- Cover for business interruption or additional costs incurred (for example a fire damages machinery; the insured then has to hire other machinery as a temporary measure to honour their client commitments. Besides the repurchase of the machinery as per the inventory cover, the company will reimburse any loss in sales and the additional costs incurred in sustaining the business activity).
How can I protect myself against third-party compensation claims?
- Business liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Visitor accident insurance (a visitor/client trips over a poorly positioned electric cable in your office and suffers a partial disability. The insurance company would cover treatment costs and provide disability capital)
- Legal expenses insurance for professional activity and/or motorists